Aim: The aim of this award is to promote research in Endocrinology and Diabetes in Ireland.The IES offers one annual clinical research grant to the value of €10,000 (or sterling equivalent) for clinical research carried out predominantly in Ireland
- The principal applicant should be an Endocrinology & Diabetes trainee and also a fully paid member of the Irish Endocrine Society and or be supervised directly by a fully paid member of the Irish Endocrine Society for the past 3 consecutive years.
- The research should be carried out substantially within Ireland.
Availability of the award will be advertised through the Society. Applicants should submit by the closing date to the Dr Siobhan Bacon [email protected]. The closing date for applications will be Thursday 2nd September 2021.
- A curriculum vitae of the principal applicant of not more than 3 pages of A4 containing relevant research experience
- A completed application form
- Closing date Thursday Thursday 2nd September 2021
- The winner of the award will be announced at the annual IES AGM in October
The Application form is: Clinical Science Award Application Form 2021
2018: Dr Julie Martin Grace and Professor Mark Sherlock “Impact of inhaled glucocorticoids on adrenal function”.
2017: Dr Claire Power
2016: Dr Rosemary Dinneen and Dr Mark Sherlock for “Optimising steroid replacement in patients with Addisons disease”
2015: Dr Paul McMullen and Dr Karen Mullan: “Iodine and selenium deficiency and the effect on thyroid function tests in pregnancy”