Roles and Function
The Diabetes Section is a subsection of the Irish Endocrine Society and scrutinises clinical aspects of diabetes in the South of Ireland. The subsection has an advocacy role in diabetes care in Ireland.
The Secretary sits on the Irish Endocrine Society Committee.
There are normally 3 or 4 meetings each year.
Any queries should be directed to:
Dr Antoinette Tuthill Secretary of the Diabetes Section of the IES Committee, Cork University Hospital, Cork
The Committee representing the Diabetes Section of the Irish Endocrine Society for 2018 onwards:
- Graham Roberts – Chair
- Antoinette Tuthill – Secretary
- Una Graham – Member
- Conor Woods – Member
- Esther O’Sullivan – Member
- Orla Neylon – Member
- Katarzyna Gajewska – Member
- Lorraine Kelly – Member
2018 – date Chair: Graham Robers / Secretary Antoinette Tuthill
2015 – 2018 Chair: Maeve Durkan / Secretary: Mensud Hatunic
2011- 2015 Chair: Kevin Moore / Secretary: Maeve Durkan
2008- 2011 Chair: Diarmuid Smith / Secretary: Kevin Moore
2005-2008 Chair: Richard Firth / Secretary: Diarmuid Smith
Associated Groups and Organisations
- Irish Diabetes Nurse Specialist Association (IDNSA) http://www.idnsa.ie/
- Irish Nutrition and Diabetes Institution (INDI) http://www.indi.ie/
- Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists of Ireland http://www.podiatryireland.com/