Submit your abstract for the IES Annual Conference 2017.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
(as directed by the Irish Journal of Medical Science)
- Abstracts must be typed in WORD FORMAT using single spacing of not less than 12-point font size (arial) and sent as an attachment.
- The text of an abstract (excluding title, authors, references) must not exceed 250 words FIGURES are not allowed. A single table is allowed maximum 5 rows x 5 columns, but will be taken to represent 100 words of the abstract. The words in the table legend will be added to the 100 words for the table. Abstracts must fit on a single A4 sheet. Abstracts not complying will be excluded
- The author’s initials only and surname, without degree etc., should appear below title. It is necessary to identify institution of authors where more than one institution is involved. Use numbered superscript after authors name.
- The address (Department, Institution, Town) should be listed next.
- The text of the abstract must include data with clear description of results and conclusions. Headings within the text are not allowed. Capital letters are not to be used to describe special terms, procedures etc., and may only be used where appropriate (at the start of sentences, where proper nouns are involved, with abbreviations). All abbreviations must be clearly defined. Statistical methods must be clearly indicted. A single reference may be used, only when deemed essential for understanding the abstract, in the Vancouver style. The words in the reference contribute to the word count.
- Allen JM, Keenan AK, McHale NG. Lymphatic function in cardiovascular disease. N Engl J Med 1999; 123: 10-14. Davis GK, Mertt O.Transition metals in nutrition. In: Trace elements in nutrition (4th edition). Ed O Mertt. Academic Press, San Diego 1998; 123-123.
- Abstracts are submitted on the understanding that they will be subject to editorial approval and submission does not guarantee publication. The senior author will be responsible for content and for assuring that all authors are in agreement with data submission. The senior author will also be held responsible if an accepted paper is not presented. Failure to present may lead to all authors being barred from making submissions for two years.
- Deadline for abstract submission is the 31st of May 2017. Receipt of all abstracts will be acknowledged electronically. If no electronic receipt please contact the Irish Endocrine Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the end please indicate if you have a preference for poster or oral presentation. Also, please indicate if you are eligible for the O’Donovan or the Montgomery Medals (awarded for the best oral or poster presentations respectively by a non-consultant doctor or equivalent basic grade scientist). Please also state if presenting author is a medical student.
- A new, separate section for case reports and case series of up to three patients has been included. Please indicate if you wish your abstract to be included for consideration in this category.
Dr Diarmuid Smith
Secretary/Treasurer – Irish Endocrine Society